Community Recycling and Hazardous Waste Round-up!
September 20th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- No limit on types and amounts of items. Acceptable from households and businesses from any county in MN.
Fluorescent/CFL/HID Bulbs/Ballast Recycling
- 10 bulbs per vehicle - household or business customer of an electric utility that supplies power in Pope or Douglas Counties. No exceptions. For more bulbs please use the year-round bulb recycling program.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Household Hazardous Wastes only from residents of Pope or Douglas Counties. No exceptions.
- Waste Oil and Filters ONLY accepted at the Recycling Drop Off Area on Jefferson Street.
Electronics/E-waste/Appliances Accepted and Prices
Map of Round-up Event
- Alexandria Technical and Community College Truck Driving Facility and Grounds- Follow Signs and Lineup
Event Newspaper Advertisement
For more info
A Food for Kidz packaging event will be held Wednesday, Sept. 24th at the Atwater Community Center. Volunteers will be filling bags with nutritious meals. The local committee has set goals of packaging 60,000 meals and raising the $9,000 to cover the cost of the ingredients to reach their goal of meals. Donations can be sent to Food For Kidz, P.O. Box 179, Atwater, Mn. For more info call 974-8525. .